Step-by-step finance complaints procedure
If you’re not completely happy with our financial service we’d like to hear about it so we can do something to put it right.
We do everything we can to make sure our customers get the best products and service possible, however, sometimes we understand that we may not get things right. If this happens, please let us know.
We want to:
- make it easy for you to tell us what went wrong;
- give your complaint the attention it deserves;
- resolve your complaint without delay; and
- provide you with the right outcome to your complaint
How & where to complain
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our financial service or products you can tell us in the following ways:
In person – call into our practice at:
53 King Street
In writing – write to us via email: [email protected]
By telephone – call us on 0161 832 2118 during our opening hours and ask for the Complaints Manager, Gemma Krystek.
How long will it take?
We always aim to resolve complaints in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all concerned. We endeavour to resolve complaints quickly, through thorough investigation.
Please see timeframes below:
- We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days along with a copy of our complaint’s procedure and advising the customer of their right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- We aim to investigate your complaint within 10 working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.
- If we cannot resolve a complaint within 8 weeks then we will remind complainants of their right to refer their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- All complaints received and resolved will be recorded so we are able to identify trends and make the necessary business changes to improve the services to our customers and prevent repeat occurrences.
- If a 3rd party is solely responsible for the complaint or the reasons for the complaint, we will refer the complaint to them within 5 business days and write to the customer to make them aware of this.
- If a 3rd party is jointly responsible for the complaint with us, we will refer the complaint to them within 5 business days, write to the customer to make them aware of this, and then investigate and handle the complaint points relating to us as per our normal process.
If we cannot resolve your complaint
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks, we will:
- Send you a letter explaining our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide our final response.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally. However, if after receiving our final response letter, or if eight weeks have passed, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
If you would like the Financial Ombudsman Service to look into your complaint you must contact them within six months of the date of our final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman Service,
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
Email: [email protected]
Further information can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service’s website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk