Emergency Dentistry in Birmingham & Manchester
Our UK practices in Manchester and Birmingham offer a wide range of dental treatments, from routine check-ups to dental implants and Invisalign braces. However, we also welcome new or existing patients who need our help in an emergency. Our emergency dentists in Manchester and Birmingham are available around the clock to provide emergency dental care of any kind.
We can help if you are suffering from:
- Dental pain/toothache
- Swelling in your jaw or gums
- Bleeding gums
- Injury to your teeth, gums or mouth
- Broken orthodontic equipment such as braces or dentures
- Broken or loose teeth, crowns or veneers
- Wisdom teeth pain
- An abscess or infection
Contact our emergency dentists who are available in our Manchester or Birmingham practices, which are both centrally-located and easy to reach using public transport or car. During normal office hours we offer emergency walk-in dentist appointments at both our Manchester and Birmingham practices; at all other times, call your nearest Smile Stylist practice number (see below) for an out-of-hours emergency dentist appointment.
Depending on the nature of your dental emergency, our dentists may be able to resolve the problem at your first appointment. Sometimes, that is not possible – for example, sometimes an injury needs time for the swelling to go down before it can be treated effectively. In that case, your emergency Smile Stylist dentist will be able to administer emergency dental first aid before arranging for you to return for a follow-up appointment for a more permanent solution.
We understand that even under normal circumstances it can be frightening to visit the dentist, especially if you have had some unpleasant experiences earlier in life. In an emergency, you may be even more anxious than usual – and even normally-calm patients can feel nervous! Our emergency dentists in Manchester and Birmingham are specially-trained to put nervous patients at ease and can offer a range of sedation options if this will help.
To contact us in an emergency:
- For dental emergencies in Birmingham, call 0121 667 6337.
- For dental emergencies in Manchester, call 0161 820 2702
- A member of our emergency dental team will take your details and arrange for one of our emergency dentists to see you as soon as possible.
- At your emergency appointment your teeth and mouth will be examined and temporary or permanent treatment will be administered depending on the circumstances.
- You may be asked to come to a follow-up appointment to monitor your condition in subsequent days.
When you call our emergency team you will be given emergency first aid advice if necessary so that you can take steps to protect your teeth and minimise any damage before you see your dentist. It is therefore important that you contact your nearest emergency dentist in either Manchester or Birmingham at the earliest opportunity.